2019-01-07

USB-C Magnetic Adapter

Since 2016, when I have bought an Asus ZenBook with only one USB connector (USB Type-C / USB 3.1) I have been looking for a possibility to spare this adapter.

Since then I have been looking for a magnetic adapter but I could not find a fully USB 3.1 compatible adapter also capable to transfer data. Most of the magnetic adapters where only capable to deliver power or to be used to transfer small amount of data with mobile phones.

The only adapters promising to be fully USB 3.1 compatible where published on crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter or Indiegogo, but they all seemed to be scams.

So I was very happy when I found such an adapter in AliExpress. I almost could not believe it.
But since it wasn't so expensive I gave it a try and ordered one.
The adapter worked like a charm.
I successfully tested the following functions:

  • power delivery for my notebook
  • network 
  • USB data transfer to mouse, keyboard, USB stick, SD card
  • video 
  • sound

I could also successfully perform the tests from above with my wife's notebook Lenovo Yoga.

I am using the first adapter for around two months without problem.

So I ordered three more adapters they all worked. Only one of them is more "sensitive" to shake.

Here some pictures:




There are several shops offering this product.
I ordered my adapters on the following one:

New 20 PIN Type C Magnetic Adapter For Macbook Pro MateBook Fast Charging TYPE-C Port Laptop Magnet USB-C Data Cable Adapter


It is not my intention to make advertising in my blog and I have no relation with AliExpres the shop on the link above or anyone related to this product.
I am only so happy to have found this product that I want to help others find it. 



No comments :

Post a Comment